Deadline: May 1, 2021
The Celebration of Faith Scholarship is funded by donations received at the annual Celebration of Faith event. The number and amounts of scholarships may vary from year to year. The scholarships are awarded to students who are graduating from high school and planning to attend a Catholic college or university or who are already attending a Catholic college or university. Recipients are selected by the Grants Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Central Washington Catholic Foundation and all decisions are final. Current recipients may reapply and will compete with new applicants.
1. Student must be a baptized, participating member of the Roman Catholic community.
2. Student must be accepted to an accredited Catholic college or university.
3. Student must live within the boundaries of the Diocese of Yakima.
4. Student must show significant community activities/services and articulate educational/career goals.
Successful application includes
1. Completed online application form with all accompanying documents completed by the deadline of the year the scholarship is awarded.
2. Proof of acceptance at an accredited Roman Catholic college or university. For college students, the current transcript substitutes for the letter of acceptance.
3. Official transcript from high school and/or college (if any). Running Start students must submit both.
4. At least two letters of recommendation, one from a teacher or counselor who knows the student well and one from the student’s pastor or parish youth leader. To be accepted, Letters of Recommendation must be sent directly to CWCF by the Recommender.